Re-purposed Baubles For the Vintage Soul.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Striking the Set




As my best Gal Pal puts it..."Lisa is striking the set".
Thinking everyone knew this term, apparently I am wrong.
For those not in the "know", it is a Theatrical term referring to the disassembling of the stage set, backdrop, props, etc. I find it hilarious that Kathy has pinned this term on me, but she is horribly accurate, I am afraid. The running joke with my many of my friends is that if they like something in my home that I have created or whatnot that I swear I am never parting with...eventually I do. They say, "well, just wait a year or two and then we can buy it off of you when you are tired of it." For almost everything I make or buy is eventually re-sold. Sometimes I think it is a sickness, but typically it is a symptom that something is awry in "Lisa-Land". Discontentment with my work, my weight, my relationships, etc. One could label it "Wanderlust" from someone who is too tied down with life's responsibilities to act upon it the desire to travel and explore, so the scenes are changed, new props are made and I feel fresh and revived, like I just took a vacation. Crazy...yes I am!!!!


Scenes from the Asian Boudoir...all for sale now at Treasures & Junk or on Ebay!
(well, the dog is not for sale, she likes to bury herself in my pillows)


The shrine wall...



Killer Red dresser...


My prized shelf dress form...she stays, the contents GO!

2 comments:

debi beard said...

Lisa,
It was great to have you and your FAB goodies at my flea market yesterday! I laughed reading your blog, great stories and the stuff you score are what my dreams are made of! Read some of rubypearl too she's great... I sooo want to be at that thrift store fighting for stuff with the trannie HA!
went to anthropoogy today just for inspiration (ya right) and the check out girl loved the mermaid ring... told her they will be at my shop soon!
Debi
http://Debisdesigndiary.blogspot.com

Lisa Loria said...

Debi:
Great to meet you too!
Looking forward to getting to know you and making some fabulous jewelry and paintings for your WONDERFUL Seashell Cottage!
Love your blog too!
Lisa